Advanced Hazmat Life Support Provider/
The Advanced Hazmat Life Support (AHLS) Provider program is a 16 hour, four-day course (4hrs each day) that gives health professionals a timely and effective response strategy in the medical management of hazmat incidents. Participants will receive a four-year verification status upon successful completion of the course.
This course covers a vast array of hazardous materials, including pesticides, corrosives, toxic inhalants and chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear agents.
The AHLS Provider course trains the participant to:
- Rapidly assess hazmat patients
- Recognize toxic syndromes (toxidromes)
- Apply the poisoning treatment paradigm
- Identify and administer specific antidotes
To view a detailed syllabus of the course: AHLS Provider
AHLS Instructor Course
- The AHLS Instructor* program is a six-hour, one-day course to prepare you to offer AHLS in your area. Often this course is offered following the two-day AHLS Provider Program. Participants will be able to:
- Define and demonstrate AHLS principles and adult education theory
- Properly conduct lectures to facilitate learning
- AHLS Instructors can then offer any of the AHLS courses in their area with a team of instructors.*